Coronavirus (Covid-19): This service is currently suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Request your fingerprints
We can take your fingerprints for the following reasons:
- applying for visas for emigration, temporary stays or work permits in non-EU countries
- applying for overseas clearance to be employed in certain jobs in the UK
- renewing of passports, for South Africa and other states requiring fingerprints
- other circumstances at our discretion
One set of fingerprints: £74.80.
Each additional set/thumb print only: £37.50.
Prices include VAT.
Please note: You can pay with debit card only; we don't accept cash.
Please note: some fingerprint fees are subject to VAT, except certain HMRC exemptions. The exempted countries are:
- St Vincent & the Grenadines
- United Arab Emirates
What to bring with you
You'll need to bring the following with you:
- current valid passport
- paperwork detailing why a set of fingerprints is required
- proof of address (utility bill, bank statement, etc.) dated within the last three months
Please note: if you need your fingerprints taken for the US then you'll need to download the FBI's own form from their website and bring that with you to your appointment.
And if you are renewing a South African passport you'll need to bring the form they supply from the South African embassy.
How to make an appointment
To make an appointment, please call us on 020 7601 2452.
You need to get to:
Wood Street Police Station
37 Wood St
Appointments are available between Monday and Friday (except bank holidays), from 7.30am to 7.30pm.
Bookings are strictly by appointment only.